I stand in front of the belts in the thift store, staring at two leather belts in my hands, trying to determine which one would better fit my overall vision for Lauren's Rey costume.
I narrow my eyes, feeling the texture of the details of the belt in my right hand. I turn to Lauren and crinkle my forehead, trying to picture the final product. I huff frustratedly, mentally going back and forth between both belt options.
"I trust your vision," L says reassurringly, seeing my obvious distress over the belt dilemma. I decide to hold on to both belts, plus a third one, and leave the decision until after L has finished trying on a selection of Rey-like tank tops and pants.
Lauren makes her way past the footware to the fitting rooms. I trail behind, looking back at the belts again, and then glancing at some scarves as I hear Lauren squeal, "B!!!!" from the next aisle over.
She comes bounding around the corner, boots in hand, and we both know that we are at the start of another fantastic costume adventure. The boots are perfect. Absolutely perfect.
I can't wait to see how everything comes together.
No comments:
Post a Comment