Thursday, 27 August 2015

Looking back, and looking ahead

Although I haven't updated in a while, I have still been busy sewing and crafting (when I'm not teaching and working for Tutor Doctor).
Completed projects since my last post include:
  • doll clothes for my niece's Maplelea doll, Clarabelle
  • denim dress for family photo shoot in Florida.
  • bag made in a sewing class that I took to learn correct technique and terminology, as well as a skirt that was started then scrapped because the pattern is not flattering to my body shape (neither pictured below).
  • customized doormat and "day after wedding" gift basket for my friend Melanie's bridal shower.
  • faux corset for Moulin Rouge themed bachelorette party for Mel. I say "faux corset" because the detailing on the front looks like a corset, but the back is stretch material. It was worn over a halter dress that I already owned (pink sequins on bust of dress added for cohesion with corset).
  • receiving blanket and sleeper cupcakes for the newest baby in the family.
  • my Crullea DeVil Costume for Halloween 2014.
On that note, it is almost September, and with autumn comes my most favourite holiday: Hallowe'en! This year I will not be doing any major costuming, as last year was quite intense with Maleficent for Lauren, Queen of Hearts for Kathleen, and Cruella DeVil for myself. This year the costume theme is Roaring 20s/Speakeasy, and so most of the costumes will be thrift shop finds or existing wardrobe pieces that will require, at most, minor alterations to suit our needs. We already have next year planned out, but I need to take things one step at a time.

Seeing as my original intention in creating this blog was to focus on crafts as well as costumes, I have decided to sign up as a vendor at an upcoming craft sale on November 14th (please save the date). Details will be posted later. Some of the things I will be working on to sell could possibly include doll cloths for Barbies and 18" dolls (such as Maplelea Girls and American Girl), and cute plushies. 

I'm looking forward to posting more as projects are completed.

Top row, clothes for Clarabelle: pajamas, jeans, summer dress.
Middle row: denim dress, customized door mat, "day after wedding" basket.
Bottom row: faux corset; receiving blanket and sleeper cupcakes, Cruella DeVil costume.


























No comments:

Post a Comment